French Speaking Strategic Communications Consultant (deadline: 16 May 2019)
As a Strategic Communications Consultant at Seefar, you will be helping some of the most vulnerable people in the world achieve better outcomes. You will be the communications lead on an awareness-raising campaign targeting migrants on the move in West Africa. This is a remote position so you can live wherever you like. This is a temporary (6 months) part-time consultancy (24 hours/week).
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
As a Strategic Communications Consultant you will provide expert input into online engagement strategies, creative products, PR and media strategies, copywriting and branding efforts. You will work on a behaviour change communication campaign aimed at enhancing informed decision-making and reducing vulnerabilities among target groups in Mali and Niger. Your attention to detail, creative talent and ability to deliver will be highly valued, as is your complete fluency in written and spoken French with a high level of English.
To get a sense of our strategic communications activities, please visit http://seefar.org/services/strategic-communications/.
To get a sense of the issues we work on at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/themes/.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
- Develop a communication and behavioural change campaign strategy based on pre-campaign research and ensure effective implementation of the strategy.
- Provide input to the development of online engagement strategies and PR and media strategies.
- Oversee content development for online platforms, including copy-editing in French, and ensure quality control and efficient processes.
- Provide input to the development of creative communication products.
- Remotely supervise media and social media teams of up to 4 people in Mali and Niger.
- Ensure client needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have the following experience and capacities:
- A relevant undergraduate degree as a minimum
- At least five years of experience working in strategic communications
- Experience of, or substantial exposure to, developing and implementing behaviour change and awareness campaigns
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing trends, tools and strategies
- Experience of web and social media management and content development
- Exceptional/native French writing and editing skills with the ability to write for a variety of different platforms and audiences, as well as effectively train and supervise a French-speaking team
- Experience managing personnel
- Effective prioritisation skills and high level of autonomy
- Excellent patience and cultural-sensitivity
- Outstanding attention to detail
In addition, it will be an added benefit if you have extensive experience in one of the following areas:
- Digital communication strategies, including best practice use of social media platforms for campaign purposes, online engagement, web and social media content development, management of web and social media platforms, social media marketing and evaluation of the effectiveness of digital platforms.
- Production of creative communication materials, including TV and radio adverts, social media videos, printed materials and campaign branding, leading the development and production of such materials and ensuring a high standard.
- Thematic experience and knowledge on migration, including human-trafficking, modern slavery or irregular migration.