Junior M&E Consultant (deadline: 06 Jan 2020)
Seefar is seeking applications for an English and French bilingual Junior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant to support the Research and M&E Team on several projects related to migration, modern slavery, communications and behaviour change counselling. You will have demonstrated experience in designing and carrying out M&E, including creating reporting tools to track and measure output and outcome indicators for different projects and writing evaluation reports. You should also have experience analysing larger quantitative datasets, ideally using Stata, and overseeing data collection fieldwork. Knowledge of data visualisation software (Tableau) is highly desirable, as is basic knowledge of qualitative analysis as well as a strong interest in issues of migration. You should enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries and are results focussed.
Strong English and French language ability is required. You can be based anywhere in the world and may have the opportunity to travel (COVID-19 dependent). This is a paid position, with working hours being flexible.
Seefar encourages applicants from a variety of backgrounds and locations, including those in developing countries, displaced persons, and/or those with physical disabilities.
We are a social enterprise with a vision for a world where vulnerable people have more opportunities to advance themselves. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
For examples of projects relevant to this position, please visit
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. You are comfortable working with a diverse staff around the world, and are fluent in English and French.
You will support the Research and M&E Team in delivering several projects related to migration communications campaigns and counselling. Specifically, you will be involved in the design of reporting and measurement tools for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, and support regular monitoring of our migration programmes, including through Tableau. You will furthermore oversee fieldwork for a final evaluation of project activities (output, short- and medium-term outcomes) and will conduct analysis of the primary data (quantitative) collected as part of the fieldwork. Your analysis will contribute directly to a final evaluation report.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Research and M&E
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Creating reporting tools to monitor and evaluate several migration communications projects;
- Setting up dashboards using Tableau;
- Supporting ongoing monitoring of projects;
- Overseeing data collection in the field, including training independent monitoring staff;
- Ensuring overall data quality;
- Conducting quantitative analysis of incoming project M&E data;
- Contributing to final evaluation reports examining overall performance against indicators.
Support: Administration and Programme Development
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Completing administrative tasks quickly and correctly, including documentation, timekeeping, financial reporting and other ad hoc responsibilities;
To apply for this Role
On or before January 6, complete our online application form. Please, do not include your name or your photo in your CV or letter. This is because we review your application based purely on your previous experiences and introductory letter.
Along with your CV you also need to upload an introductory letter that answers the questions below.
Before you start the application, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Experience in delivering quantitative analysis; designing M&E tools; delivering M&E on new and ongoing projects;
- Strong oral and written English and French.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following:
- Imagine you were to design a results framework for a programme that operates under the Theory of Change listed in point 1 below, and aims to deliver the activities listed in point 2 below. What output and outcome indicators would you recommend to your team and why, and how would you measure them? (2 paragraphs, the task does not require complex commentary on the change logic or range of possible indicators.)
- ToC: If the project removes immediate barriers to legal migration for young adults by educating them on the requirements for applications, then the target group is enabled to apply for legal migration options more effectively and efficiently, which in turn enables behavior change among the target group away from irregular migration.
- Activities: The programme provides training sessions for 150 members of the target audience over 6 months, focusing on supporting them in how to apply to legal migration opportunities.