Seefar is seeking a registered and experienced auditor to conduct an audit of a programme co-funded by the Swiss Confederation’s Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. To be clear this is a programme audit and not an entity-level audit, for the period of 01.07.2022 – 31.12.2022. This is a remote assignment and no travel is expected.
The mission of Seefar is to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in migration, displacement and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Programme to be Audited
The programme to be audited is an international development initiative aimed to increase the benefits and decrease the costs of migration for vulnerable people, including by facilitating alternatives to risky or unproductive migration. The audit should take place in January 2023. The Programme Manager will be the main point of contact with whom the auditor will liaise in their work.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
The Auditor will:
● Create, in agreement with Seefar, an Audit Plan for the programme, including scope and methodology, based on ISA 805 standards and grant requirements
● Conduct the audit as per the Audit Plan
● Plan, execute and report on the financial audit engagement in order to conclude on the following matter:
○ Principles of orderliness (financial regularity/reporting)
■ This item will be reflected in the audit report prepared in accordance with ISA
● Through a questionnaire (provided), assess whether Seefar has adequate policies and procedures in place relating to the following matters (those matters are not covered by the audit engagement in accordance with ISA as mentioned above)
○ Existence, adequacy and effectiveness of the Internal Control System (ICS)
○ Conformity with the project objectives and adherence to the contract conditions
○ Economical conduct of business and effective use of financial resources
● Consider the following as basic reference for performing the financial audit:
○ National law
○ Programme agreement
○ Project document/TOR
○ Budgets, financing plans, programs of project activities, project management procedures, any other documents concerning the project/program
○ Accounting documents subject to financial audit; financial and operational reports concerning the project/program
○ Prior internal and external audit reports; any other information requested by the auditor
● Possess Certification by National Audit Oversight Authority
● Apply International Standards on Auditing (ISA805) “Special Considerations Audits of Single Financial Statements and Specific Elements, Accounts or Items of a Financial Statement”
● Follow the relevant standards of the local accounting profession as well as the local legislation on accounting and reporting in the country in which the financial audit is carried out
● Provide an opinion on the financial information of Seefar as per ISA
● Hold a closing meeting with the Programme Manager after the completion of the financial audit engagement, but before leaving the project to address the results of the audit
a. Audit report (template to be provided)
b. Completed Questionnaire (to be provided)
c. Recommendations to the management (template to be provided)
d. Management Representation Letter
● All work must be completed by March 15, 2023
To Submit a Bid for this Opportunity
On or before November 11, 2022 submit your bid by completing our online application form.
Confirm you satisfy the minimum requirements:
- Are an independent auditor or auditing firm with the required professional competence and expertise to conduct a financial audit of projects (e.g. Certification by National Audit Oversight Authority)
- Are able to deliver an audit compliant with International Standards on Auditing and to follow the ISA 805 in planning, conducting and reporting on the financial audit
- Provide a CV or one page overview of experience in Word or PDF format.
- Provide a fixed-price quotation for audit and a management letter for the project, along with any assumptions on which you are basing this quotation.