Seefar is seeking an individual who will be responsible for online app activity and product adaptation in Tagalog to help migrant workers who have recently returned to the Philippines reintegrate into the workplace. This includes establishing and adapting the Seefar Academy app content to local contexts and contributing to the development and management of campaign websites and social media pages (FB, Google). You need to be based in the National Capital region of the Philippines and must have excellent Tagalog and English proficiency. This is a full time position for an initial period of 6 months with a monthly fee of $1000.
The Seefar Academy app is run by Seefar, a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. Seefar has a track record for delivering research, consulting, program design and evaluations and strategic communications projects, including on migration and human trafficking issues. To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in social media management (especially Facebook and Instagram), including paid promotion management
- Minimum 1 year experience in developing content for education/learning purposes
- Excellent written and spoken Tagalog and English language skills.
- Basic video editing and graphic design skills
- Experience managing and editing content on WordPress websites
- Knowledge of migration issues
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Adapting and contextualising audiovisual content of the Seefar academy app for the Tagalog app version as well as for social media, including feature stories, videos, interviews, infographics, quizzes, etc.
- Developing a content calendar for Seefar’s project-specific FB page and schedule posts to promote content that allows interested candidates to learn more about our app (which has content around skills development and job opportunities)
- Designing visual content, including graphics and short videos for Facebook that support the promotion of our app
- Responding to comments and messages on Facebook;
- Monitoring Facebook conversations and providing updates as needed;
- Advising on any challenges and opportunities for effective online and social media engagement;
- Seeking out opportunities for social media influencers as well as potential partner organisations to share our content;
- Monitoring relevant web and social media analytics and metrics.
- Running additional social media experiments as requested
- Providing translation services or proofreading services as requested
- Providing field research activities as requested
- Liaise with the Strategic Communications Lead to ensure project implementation is aligned with project targets and expectations. This includes attending weekly online video conference meetings, and frequent communication via online channels and via telephone.
- Attend online and in-person training sessions when required
- Undertake other related monitoring and evaluation tasks as required by the project.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 10 February 2023, complete our online application form by clicking Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet the minimum requirements
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in the application form.