Seefar is looking for a Content Developer to design a series of self-paced online and interactive courses for an e-learning platform for migrants and frontline workers who support migrants. The Content Developer will lead on the design of the curriculum and online content creation in coordination with the Web Developer and Graphic Designer, and supervise the overall development of the e-learning platform. This is a 3-month full-time position with the possibility of extension starting in June 2023. Salary is 3,500 EUR per month based on previous experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team working towards a transformative mission, and make a tangible impact on the lives of vulnerable migrants across multiple countries. If you have a proven track record of designing and developing online courses, then we would love to hear from you.
Seefar is developing an e-learning platform to conduct online courses for migrants and frontline workers who provide services to migrants. The e-learning platform will offer free online courses on migration related topics as well as specialised courses for frontline workers in areas such as psychosocial support and self-care. It will target migrants from the following locations: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraq and Egypt, and is expected to launch in October 2023.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Develop the online curriculum for the e-learning platform in close coordination with the Web Developer and Strategic Communications Team.
- Design detailed training courses and modules for the e-learning platform targeted at potential and transit migrants, and key frontline workers.
- Adapt learning and written content from Seefar’s existing material, and develop new content where necessary to complement already existing content for courses.
- Support a graphic designer to transform training material into interactive modules using features such as videos, graphics, games, quizzes, webinars, and other multimedia elements.
- Review and test the course content to ensure it meets the needs of the target audience, and provide key recommendations to improve and adjust the curriculum accordingly.
- Contribute to specifications for the design of the online course for the technical developer.
- Ensure the online course includes a mechanism to chart progress and an overall assessment at the end of each module in line with project reporting requirements.
- Provide technical advice on all features and specifications for the e-learning platform.
An Excellent Candidate
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in curriculum design and development of online courses, ideally in the migration field.
- Experience of, or exposure to, creating interactive online courses which increase participation and retention rates, and result in behaviour change.
- Experience of working with a graphic designer to create interactive features such as games, badges, quizzes, and videos.
- Excellent ability to write and simplify complex content into accessible and engaging modules which can be translated into multiple languages.
- Experience of using analytics to track progress and engagement, and adjust teaching methods accordingly.
- Experience with supervising and overseeing app development or a web based platform.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms and learning management systems such as Moodle.
- Motivated and able to work independently and remotely.
- Effective prioritisation skills and high level of autonomy.
- Excellent patience and cultural-sensitivity.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English.
- Additional languages (French, Spanish, Arabic) are desirable.
- Knowledge of migration topics.
- Experience of teaching processes in a virtual environment.
- Experience of gamification techniques to make courses more interactive.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast-paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 31 May 2023, complete our online application form by clicking on Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- 1. Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- 2. Prepare a cover letter outlining how you meet the skills and competencies of the role. Please include previous links to e-learning courses from your previous work if available.