This role is for an experienced professional who has managed and implemented digital transformation projects, preferably for governments, and who understands the processes and IT needs behind a digital transformation. As the Digital Transformation Manager, you will work with a motivated team that will work closely with the Jordanian government to digitalise part of their processes for accessing legal documentation (including passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.). The roadmap will be developed by you, in collaboration with our key stakeholder, and could include the development of an online appointment booking system, a database for legal and administrative documentation, or a platform where citizens can submit their paperwork. Your role will be to manage and implement the digital transformation component of the project, be the technical lead for the local IT staff and manage the subcontracts with IT companies who will support the development of the different web apps.
You will report to the Project Manager. Other members of your team have a focus on: project management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communication, web development, and data analysis.
You will be based in Amman, Jordan. You will start on a full-time contract until the end of 2022 (length is negotiable). The project will last until June 2025, offering opportunities for extension upon successful completion of the contract.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website. This role will be part of a project that aims to provide inclusive and sustainable pathways to legal stay and basic legal rights for Syrian refugees in Jordan.
To succeed in this role, you must be motivated to work hard to lead the team to produce high quality IT applications (including scoping, development, training and integration). It is likely that you have:
- Implemented similar digital transformation projects within public or private entities
- A good understanding of the technical needs of and processes involved in an IT project
- Worked with governments or public stakeholders
- Excellent listening and management skills as part of your broader influencing skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
DELIVER: IT APPLICATIONS
Approximately 90% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Taking part in the consultations with the client to understand their needs and propose digitalisation solutions
- Developing the roadmap for digitalisation component
- Carrying out field support missions to Jordan as required
- Overseeing the development of the IT applications by the field team and IT subcontractors
- Leading the development of training modules for the Jordanian government and integration strategies
- Overseeing the testing and maintenance of the IT applications
- Contributing to donor reporting
- Coordinating with the HQ project management team throughout the implementation of the project
- Contributing to monitoring of project indicators and the achievement of expected results in conjunction with the project manager and M&E advisor
- Regularly reporting on the process of your work to your supervisor
- Other tasks as directed.
DIRECT: GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
Approximately 10% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Cooperate with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include adhering to financial and HR procedures.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have a postgraduate degree in an IT area or a development/humanitarian area, and at least five years of experience implementing IT projects or digital transformation projects, preferably at the international level. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To Apply for this Role
On or before May 25th, complete our online application form or click on Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form:
- 1 paragraph about why your profile fits the role and why you would like to work for Seefar
- 1-2 paragraphs with an example of digital transformation. What was the context? What was your role? How did you decide on your methods? What was the result?
- 1 paragraph explaining a lesson you have learned about digital transformation.
- The gross salary you are currently on per month (in USD or JOD)