The Finance and Operations Officer will contribute to finance, operations and human resources management as well as administrative support. Your work ensures that we maximize our social impact. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised, efficient and autonomous individual with the capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects at the same time. Ideally you will be based in Belgium, the Netherlands, or Luxembourg, and must be fluent in English and French and/or Dutch.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us
This role is most suitable to a candidate who has applied their skills for at least four years in a professional capacity and is now seeking to grow and take on more responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- HR and corporate services:
- Lead recruitment and onboarding processing for personnel and project consultants across the world. This includes liaising with the hiring manager to discuss requirements, post job advertisements online, long-list candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and initiate and monitor the onboarding process.
- Human Resources administration, which includes processing of requests in line with HR policies, maintenance of data entry into HR software, prepare and filing of contracts, monitor performance management processes, track professional development activities and managing the termination process.
- Working with Wrike project management software, G-Suite tools, and other software programs to ensure the proper filing, storing, and archiving of Enterprise-related documents.
- Maintaining current versions of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Corporate Documents, and online Forms, editing as directed, and disseminating to appropriate individuals.
- Utilise online accounting software and banking portals for day-to-day transactions and reports, including addressing payment issues
- Assist in the delivery of monthly payments to personnel
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of all accounts
- Assist with claiming of expenses and paying suppliers for project-specific activities
- Manage the billing and invoicing of project-related activities
- Contribute to corporate, regulatory and governmental reporting as required by project funders and donors.
- Assist in managing project and entity audits
- Assist in managing the internal project cashflow and updating entity cashflow projections
- Other finance tasks as required
Working with Seefar Foundation
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have the following experience and capabilities:
- At least four years of experience in a similar professional and supportive role.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Fluency in at least French or Dutch.
- Knowledge of G-Suite online tools and/or MS Office products, as well as strong overall computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests from a variety of different internal and external sources.
- The ambition and self-awareness to develop quickly.
- A capacity to manage a workload mixing immediate project support tasks with medium-term plans.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 30 May, 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent oral and written English skills and fluent in French and/or Dutch.
- Excellent computer skills and general knowledge of online computing.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following:
- 1-2 paragraphs with an example of a large, complicated project you’ve been given to organize in the past, how you broke the project down into manageable components, and how you communicated to your supervisor(s) the project’s progress and completion.
- 1-2 paragraphs with your expectations of your day-to-day work.