Seefar is searching for a Freelance Trainer and Mentor for training and mentoring beneficiaries in its Livelihood Hub in Kabul Afghanistan. You are an empathetic person with 2 years’ experience as a trainer and demonstrable experience as a mentor. You will have an interest in working with vulnerable communities. You are someone who is intrinsically motivated, well organized, and an effective communicator. You speak English and both Afghan local languages (Dari and Pashto).
The purpose of this role is to deliver skills training and ongoing mentoring and support to Afghan returnees.
You must be an empathetic person with experience as a trainer and an interest in working with vulnerable communities. You will be well-versed in the global freelance academy and will have excellent computer literacy skills. You are someone who is intrinsically motivated and interested in problem-solving. You speak English and both Afghan local languages.
You will be required to participate in an in-person training in Kabul prior to project activities starting. If this is not possible due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the training will be held online.
This is a full time position for 8 months.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialize in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a trainer and mentor
- Hold an undergraduate degree
- Fluent/Superior writing skills in English, and both Afghan local languages
- Based in Kabul (or ready to shift to Kabul)
- Excellent understanding of the global freelance economy, including platforms such as Upwork
- Expert skills in WordPress
- Demonstrable video production and editing experience
- Expert in MS office
- Expert in website and database development
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams and local stakeholders.
- Experience working with vulnerable groups.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
- Under the supervision of the project coordinator deliver all skills training for the programme participants. This includes one-on-one training sessions with returnees
- Provide ongoing mentoring and support to participants for the duration of the programme.
- Deliver regular performance reports, and make yourself reachable during your working hours to your Supervisor.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and the broader community of interest, and represent Seefar as required.
Direct: Global Management
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 30 April 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum professional experience requirements as listed above
- Complete fluency in oral and written English
- An undergraduate degree
- Be based in Kabul
- Prepare a CV and introductory letter in Word or PDF format.