For the Advancing Feminist Foreign Policy project, The Migrant Project is seeking individuals who will be responsible for contacting beneficiaries that took part in the Adaptive Counseling sessions, ideally within 2-3 weeks, to collect information on the quality/impact of the consultations.
The Independent Monitoring Officer (IMO) is expected to measure the immediate project impact on a biweekly basis and also get directly involved in the project evaluation. You can be based anywhere you like, and will conduct your work over the phone. The contract is for short-term consultancy. It is expected that you will work about 40 hours per week. The remuneration will be 1595 EUR per month with a contract duration until March 2024.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, and interested in hard challenges. Seefar has a track record for delivering research, consulting, program design and evaluations and strategic communications projects, including on migration and human trafficking issues. To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in administering quantitative surveys
- Computer literacy and access to the internet and laptop or electronic devices.
- Substantive community-based work experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required. You will need to have fluency in at least one additional language, either:
- Urdu, for supporting our Pakistan team
- or Yoruba and Pidgin, for supporting our Nigeria team
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Participate in the training prior to the assignment taking place, and learn about the project and how to do your work.
- Conduct surveys over the phone with project beneficiaries according to the methodology in your work plan.
- Translate M&E tools and templates, as and when required.
- Contribute to the project learning reports.
- Participate in the Endline Evaluation.
- Feedback observations on the process, and share any concerns with its implementation, especially regarding factors that might affect the reliability of data.
- Maintain an open line of communication with your supervisor and be available for meetings.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your work. In addition, recognizing that this is a quality control process, maintaining appropriate boundaries between yourself and staff working for Seefar as Counsellors.
To Apply for this Role
Before or on 25 October 2023, submit your application by clicking on the apply button below. Note that applications are being considered on a rolling basis.