Seefar is currently seeking a talented Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with a proven track record of working with NGOs, civil society, or social impact enterprises, and a keen interest in asylum, displacement, and integration issues.
Our exciting project in Jordan aims to achieve a lasting reduction in barriers to legal stay and documentation for Syrian refugees, ensuring sustained access to broader rights and justice for right holders. This transformative initiative comprises two vital components:
- Developing a communication platform and innovative tools to effectively engage with and provide up-to-date information to right holders online
- Collaborating with the Jordanian government to create IT applications that streamline access to legal and administrative documentation
As the M&E Officer, you will play a crucial role in shaping the project’s success. Your expertise will be instrumental in contributing to the development of the M&E framework and collecting/analyzing data to demonstrate the direct impact on our target audiences. We highly value exceptional English writing skills and strong technical M&E and analysis abilities to effectively communicate the project’s achievements and progress.
This dynamic opportunity will see you collaborating with a high-performing team from diverse countries, fostering a rich environment of innovation and mutual learning. You will start on a full-time, 9-month consulting contract with a fee range of USD 1,500 – 1,900 per month. The project will last until 2025, offering opportunities for extension upon successful completion of the contract.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website. This role will be part of a project that aims to provide inclusive and sustainable pathways to legal stay and basic legal rights for Syrian refugees in Jordan.
This role requires someone with the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below.
- At least 3 years of experience in M&E assignments and consultancies;
- Strong experience in supporting or undertaking Research and M&E tasks from design, development of research/evaluation questions, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis and reporting;
- A first understanding of designing and testing theories of change and formulating evaluation questions;
- Experience in interviewing vulnerable populations with quantitative and qualitative interview tools;
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and data visualization skills, enabling you to derive valuable insights from complex data sets and effectively communicate findings;
- Proficiency in creating and formatting spreadsheets, using functions and formulas, and working with large datasets;
- Experience in programmatic reporting and communication of robust and defensible data that meet internal and external requirements;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams;
- Preferably thematic expertise in migration, displacement and/or livelihoods
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in Arabic
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
DELIVER: PROJECT MISSION AND IMPLEMENTATION
Approximately 90% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Reviewing project background and implementation materials;
- Creating and reviewing project theories of change/logframes;
- Designing M&E frameworks and tools;
- Interviewing key stakeholders;
- Data analysis and visualisation;
- Analysing project M&E data (quantitative and qualitative);
- Writing evaluation reports, including findings and recommendations;
- Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required;
- Contributing to donor reporting;
- Coordinating with the HQ project management team throughout the implementation of the project;
- Regularly reporting on the process of your work to your supervisor;
- Other tasks as required.
DIRECT: GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
Approximately 10% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values;
- Cooperating with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have a degree in a development/humanitarian area or in M&E/data analysis, and at least 3 years of experience in M&E roles, in Jordan or at the international level. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To Apply for this Role
On or before August 19th, complete our online application form by clicking on the Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form:
- 1 paragraph about why your profile fits the role and why you would like to work for Seefar
- 1-2 paragraphs with an example of one of your M&E roles. What was the context? What was your role? How did you decide on your methods? What was the result?
- 1 paragraph explaining a lesson you have learned about M&E in the development/humanitarian sector.