Seefar is seeking a mid-level Monitoring and Evaluation and Admin Officer with demonstrated experience working with NGOs/civil society/social impact enterprises and a strong interest in asylum, displacement and integration.
Seefar is implementing a project in Jordan with the objective to permanently reduce barriers to legal stay and documentation in Jordan such that right holders, including women and youth, have sustained access to their broader rights and justice.
The project has 2 components:
- develop a communication platform and social media tools to communicate and share up-to-date information with right holders;
- develop IT applications for the Jordanian government in order to facilitate access to legal and administrative documentation (such as passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.).
As M&E and Admin Officer you will contribute to the development of the M&E framework and collect/analyse M&E data in order to demonstrate direct impact on target audiences, contribute to administrative tasks such as preparing timesheets and invoices. You will enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries; will have exceptional English writing skills in addition to strong technical M&E and analysis skills. You will be based in Amman, Jordan.
You will report to the Project Coordinator. Other members of your team have a focus on: project management, digital transformation, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communication, web development, and data analysis.
You will start on a full-time, 9-month consulting contract with a fee range of JOD 1,500 – 1,900 per month. The project will last until 2025, offering opportunities for extension upon successful completion of the contract.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website. This role will be part of a project that aims to provide inclusive and sustainable pathways to legal stay and basic legal rights for Syrian refugees in Jordan.
To succeed in this role, you must be motivated to work hard to lead the team to produce high quality M&E tasks (including managing the M&E framework, developing indicators, collecting data, analysing data, doing qualitative and quantitative studies, visualising data, contributing to donor reporting). It is likely that you have:
- At least 4 years of proven professional experience in M&E assignments and consultancies, preferably with international organisations
- Implemented similar projects within public or private entities
- Demonstrated ability in the design of monitoring and evaluation plans, including developing theories of change, indicators, results frameworks, performance management plans, and designing quantitative and qualitative tools for data collection
- Experience with data visualisation, ideally Data Studio
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of conducting and supporting teams with qualitative and quantitative data analysis through data analysis tools such as R, Stata or SPSS;
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of digital applications and social media campaigns
- Advanced proficiency in creating and formatting spreadsheets, using functions and formulas, and working with large datasets.
- Experience developing and using remote or online data collection tools such as Google Forms, Kobo or AppSheet.
- Experience in programmatic reporting and communication of robust and defensible data that meet internal and external requirements;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams
- Preferably thematic expertise in migration, displacement and/or livelihoods
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in Arabic
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
DELIVER: PROJECT MISSION AND IMPLEMENTATION
Approximately 90% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Reviewing project background and implementation materials;
- Creating and reviewing project theories of change/logframes;
- Designing M&E frameworks and plans;
- Designing and implementing mixed methods research and M&E tools;
- Training field teams in data collection;
- Conducting regular interviews with jordanian and syrian stakeholders;
- Performing data collection, analysis and visualisation;
- Analysing project M&E data (quantitative and qualitative);
- Contributing to evaluation reports, including findings and recommendations;
- Preparing monthly timesheets for the project team;
- Preparing invoices;
- Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required;
- Contributing to donor reporting;
- Coordinating with the HQ project management team throughout the implementation of the project;
- Regularly reporting on the process of your work to your supervisor;
- Other tasks as required.
DIRECT: GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
Approximately 10% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values;
- Cooperating with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have a degree in a development/humanitarian area or in M&E/data analysis, and at least 4 years of experience in M&E roles, in Jordan or at the international level. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 8 April 2023, complete our online application form by clicking the Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form:
- 1 paragraph about why your profile fits the role and why you would like to work for Seefar
- 1-2 paragraphs with an example of one of your M&E roles. What was the context? What was your role? How did you decide on your methods? What was the result?
- 1 paragraph explaining a lesson you have learned about M&E in the development/humanitarian sector.