This is a five month position for a Media & Communications Officer who will support the implementation of a behaviour change campaign in Bangladesh to reduce stigma and the challenge it poses to the successful reintegration of returning migrants. You will be responsible for generating PR and media coverage, delivering online engagement strategies, and developing creative products. Your attention to detail, creative talent and ability to deliver will be highly valued, as is your complete fluency in written and spoken Bengali.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. To get a sense of our strategic communications activities, see https://seefar.org/services/strategic-communications
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. SEEFAR has a track record for delivering strategic communications projects in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Asia on migration, modern slavery, and public health issues.
As a Media & Communications Officer you will support the delivery and implementation of a behaviour change campaign in Bangladesh aimed at reducing stigma towards returning migrants and improving reintegration.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least three years of experience working in strategic communications;
- Experience of securing media coverage for news outlets including TV, radio and print;
- Strong media contacts in Bangladesh;
- Digital campaign and marketing experience;
- Fluent in Bengali and English with the ability to write for a variety of different platforms and audiences;
- Effective prioritisation skills; and
- Outstanding attention to detail.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project implementation (80% of your time)
- Design and deliver media training for journalists in Bangladesh
- Build collaborative partnerships with media outlets in Bangladesh
- Originate ideas and create content for a variety of local, regional and national news outlets including online, TV, radio and print
- Oversee and develop content for online platforms (Facebook)
- Develop visibility materials and products for community outreach purposes
Develop: Monitoring and Evaluation (15% of your time)
- Monitor media and digital analytics and adapt content based on insights
- Update on project targets on a weekly basis
- Make recommendations on how to improve media and online outreach
Direct: Global Management (5% of your time)
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values
- Adhering to financial and HR procedures.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have at least three years of experience working in media and strategic communications. You will have demonstrable skills and experience in generating media coverage ideally in the context of development. In addition, you will have proven experience of social media platforms, including driving online engagement, social media content development, and providing analytics reports for ways to improve digital presence. Knowledge in using graphic design tools such as Canva is highly advantageous. You will be highly organised and productive and have the ability to prioritise your work.
Fees and Duration
This role is full time and will last five months. A fee of USD 1,600 per month is available depending on experience.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 28 July 2022, complete our online application form or click on Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- 3+ years of experience working in media and communications
- Extensive experience of generating media coverage for campaign purposes
- Experience of working with digital communication platforms
- Fluent in Bengali and English
- Effective prioritisation skills and highly productive
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes one to three paragraphs describing your communications skill set and relevant work experience. You will upload this in our online application form.