The Programme Manager has the responsibility of driving programme growth and ensuring programme quality. You will work with the Senior Programme Manager to maximise programme impact whilst enhancing programme operations and compliance. You will have experience mobilising programme resources, delivering high-compliance projects, and building relationships with key stakeholders.
An outstanding candidate will be flexible and ambitious in their approach to improving programme outcomes and compliance. You will have demonstrated project management experience in the development sector; have thematic experience in either migration, livelihoods or violent extremism migration; have management experience, including leading diverse and remote teams; be a natural communicator and always responsive; are results focussed; and have complete fluency in English. You can live wherever you like and travel will be required.
Salary range: between 6,500 and 7,500 USD monthly depending on experience.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in migration, human trafficking, social inclusion and livelihoods. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, programme development and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
This role will be responsible for managing donor funded projects. The role requires someone with seven years professional experience in managing teams and implementing projects and who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Programme and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Managing and coordinating the delivery of high-quality project management of existing and new projects.
- Providing project teams with the support and guidance they require to deliver high quality projects.
- Mobilising programme resources to maximise impact whilst ensuring compliance.
- Providing project inputs, insights and innovation ideas to support fundraising.
- Leading on business development efforts, including bid-writing and travel.
- Liaising with the Operations Team to improve Enterprise and project compliance systems, including financial compliance, coordination and reporting.
- Leading on project audits and providing compliance support to Project Managers.
- Liaising with stakeholders and the broader community of interest.
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Learning, growing and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will be flexible in your approach to work. You will have seven years professional project and personnel management experience, preferably in the development sector. You have complete fluency in written and spoken English – a second language is a plus. You have an undergraduate degree, are highly organised, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive, able to work autonomously and manage your work/life balance. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 20 March 2022, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A minimum of eight years professional experience
- Experience managing and developing teams in the development sector
- Experience in project management, including with high compliance donor
- Experience in migration, modern slavery, livelihoods, social inclusion and/or violent extremism.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English
- An undergraduate degree.
- Prepare a CV and introductory letter in Word or PDF format.
- Your introductory letter should contain: summary of your experience and why you would like to lead projects with Seefar.