The Project Manager will have responsibility for a Seefar project designed to help young considering irregular migration people in Nigeria and Pakistan. The project also seeks to increase the influence of women on their societies’ norms around irregular migration. You will oversee the entire project from inception to evaluation, including the recruitment, training and development of the project team. You will engage with a wide range of partners and stakeholders and will deliver the project to donor expectations, exceeding these where possible. You will have demonstrated project management experience in the development sector with a focus on at least one of the following: irregular migration, strategic communications and/or capacity building. You will have experience leading diverse and remote teams; be a natural communicator and always responsive; are results focused; and have complete fluency in English.
This role is 3 days per week. However, we will also consider full time applications, combining the above described role with additional responsibilities.
You can live wherever you like and some travel may be required.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in migration, human trafficking, social inclusion and livelihoods. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, programme development and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
This role will be responsible for managing donor funded projects. The role requires someone with 5 years professional experience in managing and implementing projects and who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient. Applicants should be comfortable managing projects autonomously. They should have excellent project budgeting skills and should be very comfortable with Excel or Google Sheets.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Ensures donor deliverables and indicators are being met and are on track (or adapted if circumstances require)
- Manage liaison between Seefar’s M&E, Strategic Communications and Finance teams to achieve project goals
- Understand contract financial requirements and lead on ensuring project compliance
- Prepare for and lead donor check in meetings
- Coordinate, write and edit reports to donors
- Creates and manages internal project budget to keep spending on track
- Recruitment, training and supervision of field teams
- Ensure all Seefar SOPs are followed and understood by the team
- Liaise with stakeholders and the broader community of interest
- Identify shared lessons learned
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Learning, growing and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have five years professional project management experience, preferably in the development sector. You have complete fluency in written and spoken English. You have an undergraduate degree, are highly organised, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive, able to work autonomously and manage your work/life balance. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
The deadline is 2 June 2023, please submit your application by clicking on the Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A minimum of five years professional experience in project management
- Experience managing and developing teams in the development sector
- Experience in either migration, strategic communications, modern slavery, livelihoods, social inclusion and/or violent extremism
- Complete fluency in oral and written English
- An undergraduate degree.
- Prepare a CV and introductory letter in Word or PDF format. Your introductory letter should contain a summary of your experience, why you would like to lead projects with Seefar, whether you would like a part-time or full-time position and your availability.