Seefar is seeking a Project Officer to improve and manage safety, security and risk processes within our projects and to provide administrative support within the Programmes team.
The role demands an organised and intrinsically motivated person, who is able to design processes, maintain accurate records, improve systems and work as part of a programmes team who are driven by social impact. A successful candidate will maintain a rigorous process focus but will have the strategic insight to tailor systems and procedures to different projects and environments. This is a consultant position for an initial 6 months. You can live wherever you like and travel will most likely be required.
Salary: USD 3,000 – 4,000 monthly, depending on experience.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Seefar has a track record for delivering research, consulting, program design and evaluations and strategic communications projects in a number of countries, including on migration and human trafficking issues. To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar please visit http://seefar.org/services.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the recording of all enterprise travel and ensuring all staff are adhering to travel SOPs.
- Assisting project and program teams to produce country specific SOPs and risk assessments, and then ensuring these are kept up to date and under regular review.
- Providing technical support, coaching, quality control and checks on safety, security and risk management processes.
- In high-risk contexts, maintaining arrangements with service providers who monitor and analyse the security situation of relevant countries and provide local safety briefings.
- Conducting training workshops with teams to ensure that security and risk management is carried forward with effectiveness in program and operational works.
- Provide project and administrative support to the Programmes team including;
- Recruitment of project and programme personnel
- Onboarding and training of field staff
- Preparation of training modules for both field and HQ personnel
- Project design and support to Project Managers.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as challenging features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- At least 2 years experience in a role within the international development sector with specific experience in process development and administration, experience in conflict-affected countries would be an advantage.
- To maintain a rigorous process focus but not be bound by a templated approach to this work, with the strategic insight to tailor processes to different environments.
- Experience designing and implementing processes.
- To be motivated by social impact.
- Desirable to have experience designing and implementing safety and security SOPs and processes, designing and delivering training.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 5 November 2022, complete our online application form or click Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- At least 2 years experience in a process, administrative role in the international development sector.
- Experience in designing and implementing SOPs and processes.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter of a maximum of one page that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form.
- One to two paragraphs describing your experience in these types of roles, including the types of tasks you have completed.
- Answer one of the following questions:
- Describe a time when you have improved a process, what you do and what lessons did you learn?