A psychosocial support trainer for a migration-related project on the ground in Afghanistan, aimed at supporting potential and transit migrants suffering from distress and/or trauma.
You will deliver the following:
- Attend a train-the-trainer session with a psychologist developing the training materials
- Plan and cascade the training remotely to a field team that is comprised of over 30 people
- Based on training observations and feedback, conduct follow-up sessions and check-ins with the field team.
You will have demonstrated counselling or psychosocial support training and facilitation experience, preferably gained in the development sector; have thematic experience on, and a strong interest in, migration, conflict and trauma; be a natural communicator and always responsive; and have complete fluency in English. This is a remote position. A maximum of 20 days is expected for this assignment.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/services.
For examples of projects relevant to the Migration Program, please visit
Seefar continues to grow and this role will be responsible for supporting projects in Afghanistan. The role requires someone with five years professional experience in developing psychosocial support training content and who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
|Item||Number of days expected||Deadline|
|Attend a train-the-trainer session with a psychologist developing the training materials||1.5||13 August 2021|
|Plan and cascade the training remotely to a field team that is comprised of over 30 people||8||25 August 2021|
|Based on training observations and feedback, conduct follow-up sessions and check-ins with the field team.||11.5||25 September 2021|
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will be an experienced trainer, with at least five years professional experience, ideally some gained in Afghanistan. You have complete fluency in written and spoken English, with Dari and/or Pashto fluency as a bonus. You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, are highly organised, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive and are client focussed, while also able to work autonomously. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 18 July 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A minimum of five years professional experience
- Complete fluency in oral and written English
- Prepare a CV or technical narrative of your past experience showcasing at least 3 previous similar assignments, including your financial proposal (a day rate is sufficient).