As an Editor you will have overall responsibility for the quality of all publications and documents produced by Seefar’s research, business development and global implementation teams. You will be key to helping us better communicate findings, insights and plans on some of the most important issues of our time – including refugees, human trafficking, violent extremism and modern slavery. Your role will be to polish our work by inserting a bit of flair and by editing for logic, structure, grammar and consistency. You will have a passion for writing and be a champion of clear writing in English. This is an on-demand consultant role (project-based, depending on needs) and you can live wherever you like.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years’ professional writing experience in English, with some of that time spent in an editor or quality assurance role.
- Professional experience working on at least one of Seefar’s thematic specialities https://seefar.org/themes/.
- A passion and flair for writing.
- The desire to make a difference.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 95% of your time and attention:
- Reviewing, rewriting and editing for grammar, logic, flair, structure and consistency:
- Research reports
- Research notes
- Concept notes
- Media releases and media products
- Field outputs and implementation plans
- Inception reports
- Project monitoring and evaluation reports
- Proposals and tender responses
- Other documents and reports
- Familiarising yourself with programs and projects.
- Providing feedback, training and giving more systemised guidance on writing to team members.
- Other relevant tasks as required.
Direct: Global Management
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values.
Approximately 5% of your time and attention:
- Cooperating with other areas of the Enterprise to support corporate management overall. For example, adhering to financial and HR procedures.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have extensive experience as a professional writer, either in a professional business setting, editing, quality assurance or copywriting. Ideally you will have experience working on migration, human trafficking or modern slavery issues, but this is not essential. You are a champion of clear writing skills in English and have a genuine passion and flair for writing. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Roster Position
On or before 4 July 2022, complete our online application form or click on Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- At least 10 years’ professional writing experience in English.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that explains your suitability for the role.
- Provide an example of your own writing unedited by others.