Seefar is seeking an experienced recruitment sales consultant, with complete fluency in English, to support our ethical recruitment programme. The programme aims to decrease migrant worker vulnerability and promote ethical recruitment practices.
You will have demonstrated experience in recruitment sales in the UAE or wider Gulf markets, and have strong client relationships with businesses who look to source large recruitment projects from outside the Gulf; you will have a strong interest in ethical labour migration; enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries; be a flexible, problem solver; result focused and has a passion for quality and for developing others. Your role will be based in the UAE and you will be expected to travel to visit clients in other countries.
Salary: USD 3000-3500 monthly, depending on experience. Option of bonuses based on deliverables. The consultant will be responsible for obtaining a valid freelance working visa for the UAE. If required, Seefar may support with associated costs, as evaluated on a case by case basis.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration, and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel, and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
For examples of projects relevant to this position, please visit
The role requires someone with 3-5 years professional experience in recruitment sales and delivery of large scale staffing programmes in the Gulf. The successful person will be smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Researching and screening possible clients – these will be companies who are keen to source staff ethically and have a need for skilled/semi skilled labour
- Responsible for targeted sales campaigns to those clients using a range of methods from cold calls, networking, social media and advertising, as well as via your existing network and those of the wider project team.
- Oversee and deliver on any opportunities that arise – liaising with the recruitment team and our partners in Nigeria to ensure the team are briefed on the skills required.
- Deliver account management to clients during the recruitment process and when staff have arrived.
- Build and maintain relationships with local business groups to enable SEEFAR and TERA to be seen as a strong source for labour.
- Process and manage all employer requests through the TERA portal and facilitate job mapping opportunities with employers
- Continuous engagement with placed workers to ascertain their welfare
- Maintain up to date and accurate databases of all placed workers
- Conduct periodic reporting on the progress of the program
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Learning, growing, and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for this position.
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- An undergraduate degree
- 3 years experience in the sales and recruitment processes
- Strong and demonstrable recruitment skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Applicants must be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive and are client focused, while also able to work autonomously. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 11 December 2022, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Complete fluency in oral and written English, including clear and succinct writing skills.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- 3 years experience in the sales and recruitment processes
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form.
- 1-2 paragraphs on how you have open up a new client and delivered a range of recruitment solutions to that company
- 1-2 paragraphs explaining what you have learned is a necessary attitude or approach when selling recruitment and some of the challenges you have faced in this area. What have you learned from this?