Seefar is seeking a mid-level Research Analyst with demonstrated experience in conflict affected developing countries and an interest in our thematic areas of expertise. As a Research Analyst you will contribute to primary source mixed methods research projects, analyse qualitative and quantitative data, write reports, proposals for funding and produce insights for projects and donors globally. As well as being an experienced researcher with technical capacities you will also have exceptional English writing skills. You can be based anywhere in the world, occasional travel may be required.
This is a 6 month, full-time, consultancy position with a salary range of USD 3000 – 3500 per month.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in migration, countering violent extremism and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website.
To get a sense of the services and themes we specialise in at Seefar, please visit our website. You can also see examples of our research on the website but note the bulk of our research is unpublished.
The role requires someone with:
- At least two years experience in research assignments and consultancies, ideally focused on our thematic areas of expertise;
- Experience in delivering research from the design through delivery, analysis and reporting phases ideal (including development of research questions and appropriate data collection methods as well as production of written final reports);
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
DELIVER: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 80% of your time and attention will be spent:
- Designing and producing mixed methods research projects.
- Liaising with donors to ensure alignment and accurate scoping of research projects.
- Analysing mixed methods research outputs using software where required.
- Producing high quality reports and presentations.
- Supporting in the design of research tools such as discussion guides and questionnaires.
- Ensuring donor needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible.
- Conducting other tasks as required.
DEVELOP: CAPABILITIES AND PROGRAM PORTFOLIO
Approximately 20% of your time and attention will be spent:
- Strengthening Seefar’s research reputation and profile in our areas of interest.
- Building and maintaining contacts and networks with potential supporters. This includes identifying new opportunities, as well as supporting existing fundraising activity.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have at least two years of experience working as a researcher, preferably with familiarity on issues in our thematic areas of expertise. Your writing skills are excellent and you have the ability to produce high quality products. You have an interest in developing donor management skills that will allow you to scope projects in alignment with donor needs and produce outputs that meet expectations. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You will be motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 23 September 2021, complete our online application form.
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A proven knowledge of analysis and research together with a proven interest in social objectives and a desire to develop your skills.
- Post-graduate in research or related degree.
- A sound understanding of one or more of the following; commercial sexual exploitation, modern day slavery, displaced persons, youth living in conflict, psychological assessments, psychosocial/counsellor training.
- A track record conducting analysis and producing high-quality reports, and other outputs.
- Motivation to learn, develop, grow and travel to achieve social impact.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.