Seefar is seeking a Researcher with a track record delivering market research to inform communications strategy design. The purpose of the role is to assist Ukrainian refugees in Europe and those who have recently returned to Ukraine.
You will implement research activities that will inform European governments on information and counselling services for Ukrainian refugees. Attention to detail, creative talent and ability to deliver will be highly valued, as is your complete fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian. This is a remote position and you can be based anywhere in Europe.
This role starts with a 1-month contract to deliver communications recommendations, with a fee of EUR 3,000-5,000. Successful completion is likely to create further opportunities.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website.
To succeed in this role, you must be motivated to produce high quality research, an essential component of which includes data collection, focus groups and in depth interviews to understand the best communication strategies, channels and content. It is likely that you have:
- Experience working in communications and market research;
- Implemented similar projects within public or private entities;
- Digital campaign and marketing experience;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams;
- Thematic expertise in migration or displacement
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Data Collection
With the support of a communications and marketing expert, approximately 90% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Participate in a remote training to understand project outputs and research methodology
- Participate in a team supporting:
- adaptation, design and content of a survey tool
- design, content and adaptation of a focus group discussion (FGD) tool
- design and adaptation of an in depth interview tool
- Identify participants for remote FGDs and in-depth interviews and organise meetings with key stakeholders to conduct FGDs and interviews
- Arrange logistics for such remote interviews and FGDS
- Support a Communications expert in facilitating
- 3-10 focus group discussions
- In depth interviews with 35 Ukrainians
- Transcription of interviews and FGDs into English, data cleaning and quality assurance
- Analysis of qualitative data for key findings from FGDs, interviews and the survey tool
- Recommendations and interpretation of results
- Regularly report on the process of your work to your supervisor
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 10% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Cooperating with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level and adhering to financial and HR procedures.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have a degree in social science research, marketing, or communications area, and at least 3 years of experience working in communications or market research. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact. You have strong research skills and complete fluency in Ukrainian and written and spoken English.
To apply for this Role
On or before 3 September, complete our online application form or click on the Apply button below. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV
- An introductory letter that includes 1-2 paragraphs describing your professional working experience relevant to this role