Seefar is seeking evaluation consultants with an interest in our thematic areas in order to expand its pool of evaluation professionals from around the world. Successful applicants will remain in the roster for 12 months, and can be considered for individual consultancy contracts as Junior Evaluators, Evaluators, Intermediate Evaluators or Senior Evaluators. Project themes may include migration, modern slavery, communications and behaviour-change counselling.
Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information, please visit our website.
We are looking for someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, highly flexible and efficient and is comfortable working with a diverse staff around the world, and is fluent in English and French.
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least two years experience in M&E assignments and consultancies;
- Experience in supporting or undertaking research or M&E tasks from design, development of research/evaluation questions, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis and reporting ;
- A combination of demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills;
- Experience overseeing fieldwork;
- Experience with data visualization, ideally Tableau and/or Data Studio;
- Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and French is required;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure;
- Access to a fast, stable internet connection.
- Experience and interest in our thematic areas of expertise
- Experience working remotely
- Experience in using of R, Python or Stata
- Experience developing and using remote or online data collection tools such as Google Forms, Kobo or AppSheet
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
- Creating reporting tools to monitor and evaluate several migration communications projects;
- Setting up and maintaining dashboards using Tableau or Data Studio;
- Supporting ongoing monitoring of projects;
- Overseeing data collection in the field, including training independent monitoring staff;
- Ensuring overall data quality;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of incoming project M&E data;
- Writing final evaluation reports examining overall performance against indicators;
- Other M&E tasks as required.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
How to apply
On or before 5 September 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV, emphasising your M&E work (maximum of three pages)
- An introductory letter address the selection criteria listed above. You should aim to write one short paragraph for each of the selection criteria. Each paragraph should describe how your skills, knowledge and experience fits that criteria. (Maximum of two pages)