Seefar is seeking graphic design consultants to expand its pool of graphic design professionals from around the world. Successful applicants will remain on the roster for 12 months, and can receive priority consideration for individual consultancy contracts as graphic designers. Project themes may include migration, modern slavery, environment, public health, and social inclusion.
Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information, please visit our website.
We are looking for someone who is smart, dependable, intrinsically motivated, flexible and efficient; is comfortable working with a diverse staff around the world; and is fluent in English.
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least two years experience in graphic design, including full-time assignments and consultancies;
- Experience in creating infographics, data visualisation and typesetting (report formatting and layout);
- A combination of qualitative and quantitative data visualisation experience;
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign);
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G Suite;
- Have the ability to design creatively based on a brand manual;
- Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with little or no supervision;
- An eye for detail;
- Access to a fast, stable internet connection.
- Experience and interest in our thematic areas of expertise
- Experience working remotely
- Additional language skills
- Proficient with video editing software is a plus
- Able to create illustrations is a plus
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
- Typeset/layout reports with Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word and Google Docs;
- Creating infographics and data visualisations;
- Design presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Google Slides;
- Supporting ongoing projects with graphic design services as needed;
- Ensuring overall graphic design quality;
- With supervision, support other graphic design tasks including photo editing, e-brochures, illustrations, etc.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
How to apply
On or before 30 September 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV, emphasising your graphic design work (maximum of three pages)
- A portfolio containing your best design work (maximum of five pages). You should aim to show your best data visualisation and report layout (typesetting).