Seefar is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with demonstrated experience in conflict-affected developing countries and a strong interest in migration, modern slavery and/or livelihoods. As Senior M&E Officer you will lead the design and implementation of M&E frameworks for Seefar’s projects related to returns, migration, livelihoods, communications and behavior change counselling. You will enjoy working in a high-performing team from multiple countries; will have exceptional English writing skills in addition to strong technical M&E, research and analysis skills. You can be based anywhere in the world.
Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe.
We are looking for someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, highly flexible and efficient and is comfortable working with a diverse staff around the world, and is fluent in English.
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least 8 years of experience in M&E assignments and consultancies;
- Strong experience in supporting or undertaking Research and M&E tasks from design, development of research/evaluation questions, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis and reporting;
- An excellent understanding of designing and testing theories of change and formulating evaluation questions according to the OECD DAC evaluation criteria;
- Experience in programmatic reporting and communication of robust and defensible data that meet internal and external requirements;
- Strong experience with qualitative data and quantitative data analysis and relevant data analysis tools (NVivo, R, Stata, SPSS);
- Experience overseeing and managing fieldwork;
- Experience with data visualisation, ideally Data Studio, Tableau and/or Power BI;
- Experience developing and using remote or online data collection tools such as Google Forms, Kobo or AppSheet.
- Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure;
- Access to a fast, stable internet connection;
- Preferably thematic expertise in migration, livelihoods and psychosocial counselling;
- Experience working remotely.
- Fluency in Kurdish or Arabic
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 80% of your time and attention will be spent:
- Creating and reviewing project theories of change/logframes;
- Designing and implementing mixed methods research projects;
- Designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tools;
- Draft M&E baseline, mid-term and end-line assessment tools including data collection instruments to ensure quality and timely tracking of projects outputs and outcomes;
- Managing and training project and field teams in data collection;
- Develop data analysis plans;
- Analysing project M&E data (quantitative and qualitative);
- Attend relevant meetings to represent Seefar’s project activities;
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Director to ensure that all the objectives and immediate results of Seefar’s projects are met;
- Ensure results and information are regularly shared across teams and feed meaningfully into program design and implementation plans;
- Writing monitoring and evaluation reports, preparing presentations and presenting findings to partners and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinating the review and commentary on the reports, on the basis of which to make improvements;
- Developing and refining internal and project M&E systems;
- Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast-paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
How to apply
On or before July 21, complete our online application form or click on Apply button below. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV, emphasising your M&E work (maximum of three pages)
- An introductory letter that addresses the selection criteria listed above (Maximum of two pages)