Seefar is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation consultant with demonstrated experience in conflict-affected developing countries and a strong interest in migration, modern slavery and/or livelihoods. As M&E Consultant you will lead evaluations of Seefar’s projects related to migration, modern slavery, communications and behaviour change counselling. You will enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries; will have exceptional English writing skills in addition to strong technical M&E and analysis skills. You can be based anywhere in the world.
Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information, please visit our website.
We are looking for someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, highly flexible and efficient and is comfortable working with a diverse staff around the world, and is fluent in English and at least one other language, preferably French.
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least eight years experience in monitoring and evaluation assignments and consultancies;
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of supporting teams with quantitative data analysis;
- Experience with qualitative data and an understanding of the theory of change and evaluation criteria of effectiveness and efficiency;
- Experience in programmatic reporting and communication of robust and defensible data that meet internal and external requirements;
- Experience in supporting or undertaking research or M&E tasks from design, development of research/evaluation questions, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis and reporting ;
- Experience overseeing and managin fieldwork;
- Experience with data visualization, ideally Tableau and/or Data Studio;
- Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required, French desirable
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure;
- Access to a fast, stable internet connection;
- Preferably thematic expertise in migration, modern slavery and/or livelihoods.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Creating and reviewing project theories of change/logframes;
- Designing monitoring frameworks and tools;
- Designing evaluation framework and tools;
- Training field teams in data collection;
- Managing field M&E teams;
- Analysing project M&E data (quantitative and qualitative);
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment;
- Writing evaluation reports, including findings and recommendations;
- Coordinating the review and commentary on the reports, on the basis of which to make improvements;
- Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required;
- Developing and refining internal and project M&E systems.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
How to apply
On or before 23 September 2021, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV, emphasising your M&E work (maximum of three pages)
- An introductory letter addressing the selection criteria listed above. You should aim to write one short paragraph for each of the selection criteria. Each paragraph should describe how your skills, knowledge and experience fits that criteria. (Maximum of two pages)