(Deadline: 15 April 2022)
As a Strategic Communications Consultant at Seefar, you will be helping some of the most vulnerable people in the world achieve better outcomes. You will be implementing and managing communications projects and campaigns on some of the most important issues of our time, including rule of law, social inclusion, migration, human trafficking, modern slavery, violent extremism and gender-based violence. You can live wherever you like and travel may be required. This is a part-time position, contingent on securing anticipated grants.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us.
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. Seefar has a track record of delivering strategic communications projects in East Africa, West Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Asia on migration, human trafficking and violent extremism issues. Our strategic communications portfolio is growing and this role will help manage that growth.
As Strategic Communications Consultant you will work on various communication projects, leading and providing expert input into behaviour change campaigns, online engagement strategies, creative products, PR and media strategies, copywriting and branding efforts across a number of countries. You will work on a range of communication campaigns and behaviour change projects aimed at enhancing informed decision-making and reducing vulnerabilities among target groups across a number of countries. Your attention to detail, creative talent and ability to deliver will be highly valued, as is your complete fluency in written and spoken English.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project Implementation
Approximately 70% of your time and attention:
- Work with the research and insights lead to design pre-campaign market research.
- Develop communication and behavioural change campaign strategies and ensure the effective implementation of these.
- Develop and implement digital and media engagement strategies, and oversee content development for online platforms.
- Lead on digital analytics and adapt content based on digital insights.
- Supervise, mentor and develop other team members.
- Support on writing project reports.
- Ensure client needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible.
Develop: Digital Capabilities Portfolio
Approximately 25% of your time and attention:
- Strengthen digital analytics processes and expertise within Seefar
- Strengthen Seefar’s reputation and profile in strategic communications, with a focus on digital media.
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 5% of your time and attention:
- Represent and demonstrate Seefar’s values.
- Cooperate with other Seefar teams, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have the following experience and capacities:
- A relevant undergraduate degree as a minimum
- At least four years of experience working in strategic communications
- Experience of, or substantial exposure to, developing and implementing behaviour change and awareness campaigns
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing trends, tools and strategies
- Experience of web and social media management and content development
- Exceptional English writing skills with the ability to write for a variety of different platforms and audiences
- Experience managing and training/coaching personnel
- Effective prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Outstanding attention to detail
You will also be motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Preference will be given to those with:
- Experience in digital communication strategies, including best practice use of social media platforms for campaign purposes, online engagement, web and social media content development, management of web and social media platforms, social media marketing and evaluation of the effectiveness of digital platforms.
- Proficiency in German
To Apply for this Role
On or before April 15, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A relevant university degree
- 4+ years of experience working in strategic communications
- Effective prioritisation skills and highly productive
- Complete fluency in oral and written English.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following points:
- One to three paragraphs describing your communications skill set and relevant work experience.
- Two paragraphs describing a communications campaign you have worked on, detailing your responsibilities, the objectives, activities and results achieved, as well as how you evaluated your results.