Seefar is a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Seefar is currently implementing a project to support returned migrant workers in the Philippines to reintegrate into the labour market, improve their skills and develop psychological resilience. To do so, we will be developing a mobile and web app that will support a Learning Management System (LMS) to provide beneficiaries with courses and learning modules. Expected launch date of the 1st version is next January.
The Content Creator will support us with developing the learning materials that we will be using on the app. As the course content will have a focus on both psychological counselling and skills training materials, you will ideally have background knowledge in both areas. Prior experience in developing written content in English in a professional context is essential.
We will provide you with written materials from previous psychosocial and skills training programmes that Seefar has conducted which you will be expected to adapt to the context of the Philippines and our beneficiary group. On certain occasions, you may also be asked to put together course content from scratch. You will also apply background knowledge in education and psychology in order to improve the content for our beneficiary audiences and to ensure content will be compatible with the LMS on the app once it launches.
These materials will range from text, quiz, image, video and survey content, however you will not be required to produce graphics of any kind, only written content.
The role will be based on deliverables and the development of the materials will take place throughout the following months. You can be based anywhere in the world to complete the deliverables. They will be finalised by November 2022.
Scope of Work
We will require the content creator to adapt previous materials for a new beneficiary audience and turn them into text exercises, quizzes, and surveys that users will be able to access on the LMS of the app once it launches. You will also be expected to work with a graphic designer who will help to produce images and videos to complement the written content of the course.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least three years of experience in content creation and copywriting
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of or experience with issues relating to education and psychology
- Capacity to create text exercices, quizzes, and surveys for app users in written format that will later be transferred to our LMS
The following aspects are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of the current social content in the Philippines
- Experience working with migrants and or/returnees
- A flair for technology, social media and content creation for technological and educational purposes
Deliver: Project and App Content Creation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Understanding our project beneficiaries, their needs and how these can be met by online courses
- Adapting learning and written content from previous Seefar projects into course content for our user base
- Developing new content where necessary to complement already existing content for courses
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Reporting to project coordinator and coordinating with the project team
- Cooperation and coordination with the graphic designer who will support you to produce audiovisual content such as videos, infographics, and images to complement your written course content OR to turn your content ideas into visual products.
To apply for this Role
On or before 16 August, complete our online application form or click on the Apply button below. Before you start, you should prepare the following 2 points:
- Your most updated CV
- Your most updated portfolio and daily rate.