Seefar is seeking a Ukrainian Communications Expert with a track record delivering market research to inform communications strategy design. The purpose of the role is to assist Ukrainian refugees in Europe and those who have recently returned to Ukraine.
You will coordinate research activities to inform recommendations to European governments on information and counselling services for Ukrainian refugees. Attention to detail, creative talent and ability to deliver will be highly valued, as is your complete fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian. Proficiency in German is desired but not required. This is a remote position and you can be based anywhere in Europe.
This role starts with a 1-month contract to deliver communications recommendations, with a fee of EUR 6,000-8,000. Successful completion is likely to create further opportunities.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit our website.
To succeed in this role, you must be motivated to work hard to lead the team to produce high quality research, for example focus groups and individual data collection, oriented towards preparing communications design recommendations. It is likely that you have:
- At least 5 years of experience working in communications;
- Digital campaign and marketing experience;
- Experience in developing marketing and branding strategies and on working on developing website and social media content
- Implemented similar projects within public or private entities;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Proficiency in German is also desired but not essential
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Manage and drive data collection, analysis and recommendation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Participate in a short remote training to understand project outputs and research methodology
- Support the adaptation, design and content of a survey tool
- Support the design, content and adaptation of a focus group discussion (FGD) tool
- Support in the design and adaptation of an in depth interview tool
- Help to identify participants in FGDs and in-depth interviews
- Organise meetings with key stakeholders to conduct FGDs and interviews and arrange logistics
- Support 3-10 focus group discussions
- Support in depth interviews with 35 Ukrainians
- Transcribing interviews and FGDs into English, data cleaning and quality assurance
- Support the analysis of qualitative data and extract key findings from FGDs, interviews and the survey tool
- Participate in recommendations and interpretation of results
- Regularly report on the process of your work to your supervisor
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 10% of your time and attention will be focused on:
- Cooperating with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level and adhering to financial and HR procedures.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have a degree in marketing, communications or other relevant areas, and at least 5 years of experience working on communications. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact. You have strong research skills and complete fluency in Ukrainian and written and spoken English.
To apply for this Role
On or before 3 September 2022, complete our online application form or click on the Apply button below. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV
- An introductory letter that includes 1-2 paragraphs describing your professional working experience relevant to this role