Monitoring and Evaluation
What is monitoring and evaluation at Seefar? It is the tool we have to learn. Our monitoring and evaluation expertise is dedicated to improving the impact of investments that aim to expand opportunities for vulnerable people. To do this, we need to understand successes and failures.
Through our development consulting team, we deliver individual monitoring and evaluation assignments and products. Donors have commended us for evaluations that go beyond ad hoc findings and abstract recommendations, bridging the gap to action by providing concrete options for implementing changes. We provide reviews, advice, training and templating at every stage of the monitoring and evaluation cycle, from building a theory of change through to final reporting and the next iteration of program design. We strive to find out why and how a program works, going beyond just finding out if it does.
Based on what our donors tell us, our real niche is in inventing monitoring and evaluation systems, methods and tools. We understand that the purpose and methods of monitoring and evaluation in the development and security sectors can be unclear and are often contested. We have learned from our supporters that there is a real hunger for user-centric, efficient monitoring and evaluation systems that assemble multiple data streams and turn them into useful insights for busy managers.
We are not data nerds interested in social impact. We are not aid workers who love technology. We are monitoring and evaluation practitioners with a track record of building systems that work, whether it is on paper, a satellite, in the cloud, on your phone, on the desk, or at home.
Here are some examples of how we deploy our monitoring and evaluation expertise:
- Evaluating whether assistance to refugees and internally displaced people is helping them to get jobs
- Designing an IT system that unites dozens of institutions contributing to a national development program
- Reviewing evidence of success and failure from law enforcement training programs
- Piloting new methods to evaluate the impact of counter-terrorism initiatives
- Step-by-step assistance for a private sector donor to develop plans and tools to understand the effect of programs promoting conflict resolution
- Creating methods to enable stakeholders to reflect and make sense of complex programs through stories on social change and inclusion