What people ask us
How are you funded?
You can see a range of our supporters on the Supporters page.
How big are you?
A small-medium enterprise that is growing fast. Because Seefar is still relatively young we are growing at a rapid pace, which means the
number of us in terms of human resources changes almost constantly, but it is currently in the hundreds.
What’s the history behind Seefar?
Seefar was founded in April 2014 as a social enterprise by people who had reflected on how we could combine the best parts of a private sector focus on results with a social purpose dedicated to vulnerable people. We apply commercial strategies to social progress and we are not a profit-driven organization. We do not pay dividends to shareholders. We started with two people, and now have a team and network that is now more than 50 times larger to make this happen.
What kind of people work for Seefar?
There’s quite a mixture. We have people from more than 25 different nationalities. Based on 2018 numbers, a majority of our senior personnel are women. We avoid a subcontracting approach to our project operations, which means we have a lot of people living in rural areas around the world. Almost everyone who works with us has some prior experience working in the international development and security sectors, combined with some experience working in a private company.
How do I get a job with Seefar?
The first step is to consider whether you want to work for a social enterprise focused on the mission we have. The next step is to visit the Recruitment page. Almost all of our roles are fixed term consultant or adviser roles.
What do people find challenging about working with Seefar?
- Most people work from home so we’ve all had to learn a lot to be happy and productive working remotely from our teams.
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- There is a strong culture emphasising self-reflection and constructive feedback to drive learning and improvement. People who aren’t interested in developing themselves or hearing feedback will find this challenging.
- Your team and workload can be fast paced, so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
- A high-growth phase requires problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
What do people like most about working with Seefar?
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.