The Migrant Project is recruiting an Afghan psychologist to mentor and support its psychosocial and migration counsellors. This is a remote, 6 month position.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us.
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/services.
The role requires someone with five years professional experience and complete fluency in English, Dari and Pashto. You will have demonstrated experience with Afghan migrants and refugees. You will hold a Masters or PHD in Psychology, be highly organized, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Hold group sessions with the Psychosocial Counsellors
- Conduct individual check-ins with the Psychosocial Counsellors
- Hold group sessions with the Migration Counsellors
- Conduct individual check-ins with the Migration Counsellors
- Research and improve the campaign’s psychosocial messaging
- Strengthen the campaign’s referral system
- Attend meetings with your supervisor and team
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct: Global Management
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To apply for this Role
On or before 12 June 2022, complete our online application form or click Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English
- At least five years of work experience as a psychologist working with Afghan migrants and refugees
- Computer literacy and access to the internet
- Prepare a CV in PDF format