Seefar is seeking applications for a Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) and Project Support Intern to support the Research, MEL, and Programmes Team on several projects related to migration and livelihoods. This role will provide support and coordination to project teams around the world, working closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Leads and the Programmes Team. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, efficient and an autonomous individual with the capacity to work on multiple projects at the same time. They will have demonstrated experience in designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research; have experience analysing quantitative, structured data, and creating, maintaining and working with large datasets; have thematic experience on, and a strong interest in, migration and livelihoods work; enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries.
You can be based anywhere in the world and must be fluent in English. This is a 3-months paid internship, with flexible working hours and possibility of extension.
Our Commitment to You
As a social enterprise, we are committed to ensuring mutual benefit to the Enterprise and interns. In recognition of the innovation and hard work interns bring, we offer:
- A paid internship and the flexibility to live wherever you want
- Investment in your professional development
- Continual review of tasks and responsibilities to best reflect interests and skill level.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Seefar has a track record for delivering research, consulting, program design and evaluations, and strategic communications projects in a number of countries, including on migration and human trafficking issues. In this role, you will assist in the design and implementation of M&E frameworks and for Seefar’s projects related to returns, migration, livelihoods, communications and behaviour change counselling. You will also support project administration and compliance.
An Excellent candidate
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to support teams with quantitative data analysis using data analysis tools (R, Stata, SPSS, and similar);
- Experience developing and using remote or online data collection tools such as Google Forms and Kobo.
- Experience in supporting or undertaking research or M&E tasks from design, development of research/evaluation questions, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis and reporting;
- Experience in supporting project teams with service delivery, administration and compliance.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 70% of your time and attention:
- Training of field officers and monitoring data quality;
- Managing field teams;
- Supporting the design of mixed methods research projects;
- Analysing mixed methods research outputs and supporting the production high quality reports and presentations;
- Cleaning, analysing, visualising and presenting data (primarily structured data), including using software;
- Building, maintaining and reconfiguring a large-scale database comprising migration-relevant insights;
- Writing evaluation reports, including findings and recommendations;
- Preparing research output presentations for internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring donor needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible;
- Learning and developing your technical skills;
- Conducting other M&E and administrative tasks as required.
Deliver: Project Compliance Support
Approximately 20% of your time and attention:
- Assisting project teams to deliver projects smoothly, including by:
- Assist with project compliance across the enterprise.
- Ensure Project Ledgers are updated and maintained for projects.
- Conducting monthly compliance monitoring.
- Assisting project managers on:
- Financial management, administration and reporting.
- Other tasks as directed.
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values.
- Cooperating with other areas of the Enterprise to support corporate management overall. For example, adhering to financial and HR procedures.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 6 December 2023, complete our online application form by click Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Prepare a CV in PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following:
- Why are you interested in working for Seefar as an Intern? (1 paragraph)
- What steps would you take to analyse a structured dataset including more than 10,000 interviews with migrants who are en route to Europe and who have provided information on their journeys as well as further migration plans? (1-2 paragraphs)