Seefar is recruiting an Afghan psychologist to provide support to beneficiaries in a Livelihoods Hub in Kabul Afghanistan. You will assist in the production of counselling training materials, training of lay counsellors and act as a referral point for complex cases. You will engage with beneficiaries and stakeholders and enjoy being a valued member of the Seefar team. You will have demonstrated experience with migrants and returnees and helping returnees cover from trauma; be a natural communicator; and have complete fluency in English and both local languages. This position is based in Kabul and is a full time role for 8 months.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us.
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/services.
Seefar continues to grow and this role will be responsible for coordinating a new project on the ground in Kabul. The role requires someone with five years professional experience and complete fluency in written and spoken English and both local languages (Dari and Pashto). You will have demonstrated experience with refugees and returnees, a Masters or PHD in Psychology, are highly organized, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Assist in the writing and production of counselling training material
- Assist in the training of lay counsellors and train the trainer programmes
- Liaise with local and international team leaders
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports
- Liaise with stakeholders and the broader community of interest.
- Provide ongoing support to beneficiaries
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct: Global Management
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will be a qualified psychologist, with at least five years’ professional experience. You have complete fluency in written and spoken English and both local languages
(Dari and Pashto). You will have demonstrated experience with refugees and returnees. You have a Masters or PHD, are highly organized, communicate regularly and effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive and are client focused, while also able to work autonomously. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 30 April 2021, complete our online application form for Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A minimum of five years professional experience
- Masters or PHD in Psychology
- Complete fluency in oral and written English and both local languages (Dari and Pashto).
- Be based in Kabul.
- Prepare a CV and introductory letter in Word or PDF format.