Join Seefar’s dynamic team as an SBC Specialist and play a pivotal role in shaping and executing transformative communication projects in the realms of social justice, migration, education, and livelihoods. In this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise to lead both online and in-person SBC initiatives.
Your role will involve a range of key responsibilities, including creating and executing compelling online and offline SBC campaigns, designing and implementing impactful social media campaigns, developing creative and innovative educational initiatives, and taking the lead on various communication efforts to empower vulnerable people through information, capacity-build and awareness-raising.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team working towards a transformative mission and make a tangible impact on the lives of vulnerable migrants across multiple countries. We would love to hear from you if you are a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for SBC communications and a proven track record of delivering results.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in social justice, migration and livelihoods. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
We are looking for someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, highly flexible and efficient, comfortable working with a diverse staff worldwide, and fluent in English.
The following includes the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and implement innovative communication and behaviour change campaigns based on online and in-person components that empower vulnerable communities and drive social impact
- Collaborate with, advise and/or consult project teams to design culturally relevant SBC strategies, including formulation, production and pre-testing of materials
- Design and organise SBC events and educational outreach activities that ensure engagement and participation of key audiences and maximum outreach and impact on behavioural and social change.
- Conduct background research and develop messaging and training materials for migrant counselling and educational outreach activities
- Train staff to deliver SBC activities through educational outreach, 1:1 behavioural change counselling and awareness-raising events
- Supervise and run Facebook and other multi-media campaigns, create campaign posts, and track performance metrics
- Create and develop innovative online course concepts and design implementation plans
- Oversee the development of high-quality content for online platforms, including copy-editing, and ensuring rigorous quality control and efficient processes
- Confirm/verify and develop the technical quality, consistency and relevancy of Seefar’s communications strategies, including materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audiences
- Analyse the impact of SBC campaigns and social media efforts and contribute to evaluation reports
- Remotely supervise team members across the world and help them develop their skills and reach their full potential
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast-paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
This role requires someone with the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in designing and implementing successful social and behaviour change campaigns
- Demonstrated track record in leading, managing, and evaluating SBC projects, including both online and offline components
- Proficiency in designing and implementing effective social media campaigns as part of broader SBC strategies
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing trends, tools and strategies
- Previous experience in developing high-quality content for online platforms, from ideation to launch, with a proven track record of success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create persuasive and engaging content
- Proficiency in crafting compelling messaging, developing multimedia content, and utilising various communication channels, including social media platforms
- Ability to write for a variety of different platforms and audiences, as well as effectively train and supervise a team
- Experience overseeing the production of creative communication materials, including TV and radio adverts, social media videos, printed materials and campaign branding
- In-depth expertise and a profound understanding of themes such as migration, livelihoods, education, social inclusion, and conflict resolution
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce high-quality written and multimedia content under tight deadlines
- Effective prioritisation skills and a high level of autonomy
- Excellent patience and cultural-sensitivity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Fluency in speaking and writing English
- Previous experience in designing and leading capacity building in developing countries
- Experience in online course design and development, ideally also experience with learning management systems or other online course delivery platforms
How to Apply
On or before 7 October 2023, complete our online application form by clicking on Apply button below. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- 3+ years of experience working in SBC and/or strategic communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Effective prioritisation skills and a high level of autonomous working
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the following points in English:
- One to three paragraphs describing your motivation for the job, your communications and SBC skills and relevant work experience.
- Two paragraphs describing an SBC campaign you have worked on, detailing your responsibilities, the objectives, activities and results achieved.